Wrong font size in PDF

I'm working with a typesetter who for some reason when he creates a PDF the font sizes are 1/2 pt larger than what they're supposed to be. But not all the fonts.

There are 4 fonts in the file: New Baskerville, Franklin Gothic, Courier, and ZapfDingbats. The Franklin Gothic and ZaphDingbats are fine.

The New Baskerville was ALWAYS 1/2 pt larger, and the Courier is ok at 8pts, but not ok at 9.5. The pdf indicates it's 10pts.

Originally all of the New Baskerville was off but it seems that he had some font substitutions in his Win.ini file that he's since eliminated and now it's just the Italic and bold variations that are large. The Courier is still off. These are all Type 1 fonts. No TT. He's using the same exact fonts I am because a suggestion from our service provider is that it sounded like a bad font. So I sent him copies of my New Baskerville and Courier and had him reload.

When I generate the PDF from his Frame file everything is ok. When I generate the PDF from his PS file, the font's are too large. So it's seems to be somewhere between Frame and the PD driver. We're using the same PS driver created from instructions from our service provider.

He's running Win98 and Frame7 (unstructured). He's using Distiller 4.0 but when I reloaded 4.0 and created the file it was fine.

We're out of ideas.

Dottie