FM7 crashes when trying to open a file

I'm using FrameMaker 7.0 p576 and p578, Windows XP and 2000.

I have a file that crashes FrameMaker when we try to open it.
At first I was getting internal error 7004, 6923915, 5922738, 4926216, using
p576.
When I updated to p578,  I started getting internal error 7004, 6924747,
6923570, 4926216.

The file uses structure and conditional text and I'm presuming that is the
reason this is happening. I *can* open the file if I turn off structure, but
then I lose the structure. I count my blessings as at least I can get my
content back, but now I'm in fear of this happening again.

I've tried the file on several systems and the same things happens. Other
files that have cross-references to this file also crash when opened,
presumably because they are trying to check the cross-reference to the bad
file. (They open fine if I rename the bad file and FM reports unresolved
xrefs.)

Anyone have any experiences like this? I found one thread that was similar
but they were able to open the file on a different machine, save as MIF, and
remove the conditional text. I can't open the file at all unless structure is
turned off. I tried opening the FM binary in an editor but it doesn't look
like you can do much with it.

Bill Marcotte