Word to Frame and index ranges

I know this isn't a new problem because I've seen some posts around but no solution or comments.

I'm converting a Word 2000 document into Frame (6 and/or 7--happens in both) and the single index markers import fine. Those with ranges don't.

The Word bookmark is importing as a Cross-reference. Any solutions for this? Workarounds? Anything?

I could swear this worked at one time but I honestly don't remember Word using "bookmarks" to enter page ranges.

Dottie M.