Text omitted at random in distilled PDF

All:

I am producing two kinds of PDFs from an FM book:

(1) a PDF for our printer that omits generated PDF bookmarks and links in
B&W from which to print our manuals.

(2) a PDF intended for online viewing to include on a distribution CD, and
therefore includes generated PDF bookmarks and links and is in colour.

I have two different job options files with settings optimised for each
kind of output.

The PDF for the printer looks fine.  But the PDF for online is missing text
at random.  Sometimes it is text in spot colour, sometimes text in black.
Sometimes entire lines are missing, other times just a few words or
colours.  Sometimes the text is conditioned, other times not. Viewing in
Acrobat 6 shows the same problem.

The only difference appears to be (a) different job options selected from
the FM print dialog and (b) the inclusion or absence of bookmarks, etc. and
(c) colour v. B&W.

I obtained a new job options file from a colleague in case mine was
corrupted.  I checked the colour views in FM but the same one is used for
both the printer and CD versions.  I tried with and without bookmarks,
hyperlinks, and so on.

The setup listed below has been stable for months.  Anybody got any clues
or has experienced this problem?  Could this be an Acrobat-specifc virus?

[Windows XP Pro SP1, FrameMaker 7.0p578, FrameScript 2.1r3, Enhance 2.04,
Acrobat 5.05, mif2go 33u34, WebWorks Publisher 7.05, IXgen 7.2p055, HTML
Help Workshop 4.74 build 8702.0, HTML Help 1.31]

Regards,
Hedley

disappear absent drop drops dropped corrupt corrupted damage damaged

--
Subscribe to Free Framers -- send this message
      subscribe framers your@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Browse <http://www.freeframers.org/>.  Learn from and contribute to
the FrameMaker Wiki at <http://www.freeframers.org/wiki/>.

Hedley Finger
Adobe Certified Expert, FrameMaker 5.5.x
Technical Communications/Best Practice Mentor
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd  <http://www.myob.com.au>
P.O. box 371   Blackburn VIC 3130   Australia
12 Wesley Court   Tally Ho Business Park   East Burwood 3151   Australia
Tel. +61 3 9222 9992 x 7421  Fax. +61 3 9222 9880  Mob. +61 412 461 558
<mailto:hedley_finger AT myob.com.au>

(C) MYOB Technology Pty Ltd