Re: Framers digest differs from freeframers archive

From: "Jeremy H. Griffith" <jeremy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 14:24:59 -0700

> On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:51:20 -0400, Fred Ma <fma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >I posted a question "Migrating to a better citation/reference package?"
> >on Wed. April 28, but it doesn't show up in the digests numbered
> >1112 through 1117; these digests are for April 26, 29, 30, 30, 30, and
> >30.
>
> No, they're not; they're all for *March*, not April.

Duh.  Preparing for a thesis proposal does that to you.  Literally
go underground for a month (except for peering at the newsgroups, that is!).

> It hasn't put out a digest since April 19; the next one should
> be 1121.  I have no idea why; I'll try to fix whatever it is.

Thanks, Jeremy.

> >I was wondering if I posted it right, but then I checked the archives
> >and found that I did post it right.
> >P.P.S.  Thank goodness for the archive.  I think that's a pretty
> >fundamental need that was satisfied.
>
> Yes.  We all owe a huge debt of thanks to James Eric Lawson, who
> set it up using open-source components; it went on-line January 9
> this year.

Thanks, James.  It was very badly needed.

> I also urge everyone to use the Wiki.  It may take you a few
> minutes to get how to add pages and edit them at first, but if
> we all use it to put up helpful info, it will save us all much
> time and reduce hair loss.  <vbg>  Hedley Finger has really
> added a lot to it, but he can't do it, er, single-handed...

I stumbled into Wikipedia before.  But this is the first I realized
it is much more than that.

Fred

P.S.  I don't mean any lack of appreciation, but I have wondered why
it is necessary to have a separate mailing list from comp.text.frame.
Perhaps it is to avoid reliance on Google for archiving?