[Fwd: Win4Lin [Re: FrameMaker - UNIX/Linux]]

Hello Pat,

YES. Win4Lin presents an emulated Windows/98 interface to
application software. PC programs which run under Windows/98
should generally run OK under PC Linux/Win4Lin.

I haven't tried this myself, but am planning to do so in the
near future, primarily because Linux is looking a whole lot
less vulnerable to security fiascoes than Windows.

For Win4Lin information, click on

http://www.netraverse.com/

I've embedded a detailed note from my son Steve at the end of this email message.

This information also went to the  `Framers'   list, but
bounced.

I hope this note is helpful.

Chuck Hastings cwh2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

206/354-8701

Pat Christenson wrote:

Hi Chuck -

Was he running the Windows version of FM?

Pat Christenson