Re: What am I missing?

From: "Domaschuk, Rob" <Robd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > 2. The font name present in the MIF may not be exactly the same font name
> >    displayed in the console window. Make sure to search only for a
> >    significant part of the family name, e.g. Bazooka, not BazookaNew-Roman.
>
> Indeed! The actual font is "Sabon". I use UltraEdit to search the MIF file,
> and search for "Sab". "Match Whole Word" is turned off, "Regular
> Expressions" is turned on, and "Match Case" is turned off.
> I also search for "Family", which detects the MIF entry "FFamily....." for
> each font in the file. The font in question never appears.

OK, and you have tried this by *first* turning ON "Remember Missing Fonts",
closing all files, re-opening the book and all files, update the book, then
save the files to MIF, and then search the resulting MIF files?
It seems like you do understand how the "Remember" option works, but I
thought I'd give you the "correct" workflow anyway.

> Everything I have done, everything that others on this list have so
> graciously suggested, and then some, points me to the book file itself.
> Else, I'd receive the console when I opened the files in the book.

Then I would test to save the book file itself to MIF, open the MIF file in
a text editor, delete all Paragraph and Character catalog entries, delete
all X-ref entries, save the edited MIF file, re-open the edited MIF file
in FM and re-save it as a binary book file again. Then try update the book.