Re: Another numbering dilemma

I set all Numbering properties from the book file, not in the document files. I right click on each document in the book file and set the numbering that way. Is that the wrong way to do it?

Also, besides this weird Figure+Table numbering dilemma, I am also seeing page numbers reset themselves back to something I don't want. All our front matter is in small roman numerals and I am trying to set this one file to small roman numerals, continue from previous since it continues numbering from several generated files (TOC, LOF, LOT). However, the program won't let me do this. Instead, it insists on starting at page 9 (nothing I specified) and regular numbers.

Gee, it has been a few years since I last designed templates, but I never had this much trouble with numbering...ever.

Some of you may be able to relate to working in an environment where you're the only person who knows anything about FrameMaker and there's a tight deadline and they expect the world. Sadly, that is my situation right now, and none of my reference books exactly address my problems.

Thanks for listening,

Elizabeth K.