Re: Another numbering dilemma

Jim Stauffer wrote:

I just tried this on an existing book. Setting the paragraph
numbering to 'continue...' is the key. Did you regenerate the book
after setting the numbering properties?

-----Original Message----- From: owner-framers@xxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-framers@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of eklisiewicz@xxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 11:33 AM To: framers@xxxxxxxxx Subject: Another numbering dilemma

Good afternoon-I am in the final stages of completing my templates and have discovered another anomaly in my numbering.

Unfortunately, the figures and tables both restart at 1 in each
chapter and I don't know how to get them to continue from the
previous chapter. Any ideas?

I can send file samples if anyone needs to see them.

Your help, as always, is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Elizabeth Klisiewicz

And did you set the properties from the Book window, not from the individual file windows? Book window settings override file-level settings.

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

mailto:srogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Developers explain How the Product Works.
Technical Writers explain How to Work the Product.
 _
( )  ASCII ribbon campaign
 X   against HTML email
/ \  & vCards