Another numbering dilemma

Good afternoon-I am in the final stages of completing my templates and have discovered another anomaly in my numbering.

First some background. I have to follow the publication standards used by the Publications group at the facility I work at (they are a separate entity). They set up multi-chapter books so that:

Page numbers span across books. So if you end Chapter 1 on page 100, Chapter 2 starts on Page 101. This works fine.

Paragraph numbers are currently based on the chapnum variable. I had to do this because the styles I inherited from the Pubs group did not work properly. So by inserting chapnum, I got the numbering to work the way I wanted. I have set the numbering to continue in each chapter.

Figure and Table numbers span across books. So if I end Chapter 1 at Figure 42 and Table 55, the next figure and table in Chapter 2 would be Figure 43 and Table 56. Figure and Table styles have their own series and do not depend on the chapnum variable.

Here are the styles for Figure F:Figure <n+>. and Table T:Table <n+>.

Chapter 1 has the following numbering properties: Chapter - Chapter # 1 Numeric, Page - First Page # 1 Numeric, Paragraph - Paragraph restart numbering.

Chapter 2 has these numbering properties: Chapter-continue from previous, Page-continue from previous, Paragraph-continue from previous.

Unfortunately, the figures and tables both restart at 1 in each chapter and I don't know how to get them to continue from the previous chapter. Any ideas?

I can send file samples if anyone needs to see them.

Your help, as always, is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Elizabeth Klisiewicz