Graphics quality--book vs file

All,

Screen shots in one of our manuals, when it's PDFed at the book level,come
out of the printer equally muddy/smeary, regardless of their formats which
are mostly gif and bmp. But when files in the book are PDFed individually,
the screen shots come out of the printer the way they're supposed to.
Distiller settings the same for both. We're so far unable to find any
setting at the book level that might have been turned on or off
accidentally. Screen shots in the other manuals print OK from PDF, same
Distiller settings etc.

The release of the doc is imminent and we don't have time to research this
in the archives. I haven't found any clues in the FM manuals. Is there
anyone out there who has experienced this who can provide an answer?

I'm on digest, so a copy to me directly would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Long
Team Leader, User Documentation
The MEDSTAT Group
http://www.medstat.com
734-913-3975 Phone
734-913-3200 FAX
michael.long@xxxxxxxxxxx

As a Thomson business, we are changing our e-mail addresses to
"@thomson.com". Messages sent to my former address will be routed
to my new address for the next few months. Please see the return
address for this e-mail message to identify the new address, and
make a note of this change. Thank you.