font not printing

I'm working in a document where MSPFranklinGothicX font will not print. This
is an Adobe PS font, and I'm using a client-specified Scitex Dolev800 PS L2
PPD. Both hard copies and distilled PDFs show the dropped font. I've had no
other occurrences of fonts not printing. I have read through and made
suggested changes to PPD file, and I've also downloaded XP patches with no
success.

Other details:

-The font is installed on ATM 4.1
-There is no TrueType version of the font installed.
-The font won't print from Word, either. But it does print from PageMaker
6.5.
-When I change to my printer's default driver HPLaserjet 4000 N, the font
prints. (But not from the Distiller or default postscript driver.)
-I'm using Frame 7.0 on Windows XP
-To help, client suggested printing on Windows 98, (not feasible) or
creating multiple postscripts (no sucess).

Any suggestions much appreciated!
-Cathy