RE: Unavailable Fonts

> Due to various repairs, upgrades and emergency triage over
> the years, I've ended up with a PC that does not have Type 1
> Times font. This is, of course, the standard built in to FM.
> After having exhausted all attempts at finding where Times is
> used, I MIF'd the files and found the bugger hiding in some
> default table formats where I replaced it with Type 42 TNR.

One place Times shows up is in equations as the default font used for +, =,
and all those other match characters.

You can update mathchar.cfg to specify different default fonts.

However, in 5.5.6, for equations in the form of "A over B"

 -

I have not been able to specify a different font for the horizontal
"character".  If there is an equation in this format in the doc, the PDF
also contains TrueType TimesNewRoman.

Ed (self-regenerating daemon, huh?) Treijs