Re: AutoCAD LT

Joe,

There is absolutely NOTHING architecturally different between Windows
and Macintosh in terms of FrameMaker (or any other program's) support
for EPS files. (Let's stop the platform war mishagoss!)

When importing EPS files into FrameMaker, what is displayed is the
"preview header" from the EPS file, not the actual PostScript content
of the EPS. Thus, regardless of whether you are on the Mac or Windows,
you will get a crufty display. When you print to a PostScript printer
(and that is KEY here), the actual PostScript text of the EPS is sent
off for printing and you get the original high quality of the graphic
on your printout. However, if you are printing to a non-PostScript
printer, whether on Macintosh or Windows, only the low-resolution
EPS header preview is printed. If you don't have a PostScript printer,
how do you get around this problem? Simple, always create a PDF file
from FrameMaker (Distiller is effectively a "PostScript printer" and
receives and properly processes the EPS file's PostScript contents).
Then print the resultant PDF file to a non-PostScript printer.
Voila! Poor-man's PostScript printed output!

        - Dov