Re: Frame 7.1 and SVG graphic format

I believe that the advantage of SVG is its ability to perform interactively
when tickled by a user's pointer, even perform different actions when
tickled in different places. However, unlike animated GIFs, SVG (Scalable
Vector Graphic) files can be enlarged or reduced without losing quality.

SVG may not deliver the best quality in press reproduction and in some
situations may not do well at all, as Dov notes. Probably the best argument
for SVG in FrameMaker documents is in single-source workflows, where the
same graphic can be used for different outputs, including those which
support SVG's interactive features.

The advantage of FM 7.1 for SVG is that it retains the vector-drawing
feature of resizability without degradation, unlike FM 7, which converted
SVG to raster (dots) which degrades when enlarged.

HTH

Regards,

Peter Gold
                              KnowHow ProServices
          FrameMaker training, coaching, consulting, template design
          See our new on-demand training and coaching information at:
               http://www.knowhowpro.com/schedule_of_classes.htm
Adobe Certified Expert: FrameMaker 7, FrameMaker+SGML Authoring, Acrobat 5,
                 InDesign 2, WebWorks Professional Certified trainer
                                     Phone: 612.823.7113