RE: Font with Slashed Zero - Clarification

Lester C. Smalley wrote:

> I know how to make it LOOK like the zero is slashed, but that
> is not acceptable for this application. I need a font with a
> true zero glyph (ASCII hex value 30) that has the slash, and
> preferably one that is a much like Times New Roman as possible.

I don't know of a serif typeface like that. In fact, I have only one font (out of ~250) that clearly distinguishes the zero glyph, not just by shape, but with a mark. It's Andale Mono from Monotype Corp., and IIRC, it's available free from Microsoft (or comes with Office or something). But:

-- The zero isn't really slashed; it has a fat dot in the middle.
-- It's about as far from TNR as it could be -- it's a monospaced sans serif font.

Not exactly what you're looking for, but I thought I'd mention it... :-}

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer