Re: List admin suggestion

Even though I'm not actively part of the FrameUsers mailing list
anymore, I'm giving some comments CC:ed to Free Framers (in case
the issue is raised there too).

From: <rinch@Inficon.com>
> On 11/15/03, Alan T. Litchfield wrote:
> > It is relatively standard on the mailing lists to which I am subscribed
> > for them to display the list name in square brackets at the beginning
> > of the subject line. Can this be added to the Framers list too?
>
> I second this idea! It would be a great help to have [Framers] at the start
> of the subject line.

I don't agree, for the following two main reasons:

1) It won't be long until you start seeing Subject lines like:
   Re: [framers] SV: [framers] AW: [framers] .....
   due to the way different email clients handle replies.
   Unless the mailing list software is set up to delete all
   sorts of prefixes, which is perfectly possible, I guess.

2) If your main concern is being able to separate framers email from
   other emails, it's a better option to handle this in your email
   client by using folders and filtering options. You can easily
   identify framers email by the unique To: header.

Prefixes like [framers] were mainly used on mailing lists before
filtering options became common in email clients. Not using prefixes
is less of a burden on the mailing list software, and it doesn't
clutter up the Subject line.

IMHO, YMMV, etc.