codepages in FrameMaker and Word ?

When I paste text from a greek Word document directly into FrameMaker all
text turns to nonsense even if I use times new roman greekn in the
FrameMaker doc and in the Word doc.

One CAN past greek text from PageMaker into FrameMaker.

Now what is actually the differences in codepage in FrameMaker and Word?
There has to be some relationship between the hex values in the two programs
or is it Windows clipboard which messes up the copy/paste?

Kind regards
Bjørn