Re: Paragraph spacing dependent on width of anchored frame?!

You need two anchoring paragraph tags and two figure title paragraph tags
to do this right, and the method described below will get rid of the
anomalous spacing you describe. The empty anchoring paragraph tags are used
to anchor the anchored frames. In both cases, the empty anchoring paragraph
tags must specify the Space Below, which determines the separation between
the bottom of the anchored frame and the top of the figure title text.

1. Lets say we name the two anchor tags AnchorNorm and AnchorSH, and we
name the two figure title paragraph tags FigTitleNorm and FigTitleSH, where
Norm means that the tags are used when the anchored frame is restricted to
the normal text column, and SH means that the tags are used when the
anchored frame spans both the sidehead and normal text columns:

2. In the pagination properties for the AnchorSH and FigTitleSH tags,
specify Across all Columns and Sideheads, and in the Basic properties for
those two tags specify Alignment Left for AnchorSH, Alignment Center for
FigTitleSH. Also specify the desired Space Above/Below settings for
AnchorSH, and, if needed, the Space Below setting for FigTitleSH.

3. In the pagination properties for the AnchorNorm and FigTitleNorm tags,
specify In Column, and in the Basic properties for those two tags, specify
Alignment Left for AnchorNorm and Alignment Center for FigTitleNorm. Also
specify the desired Space Above/Below settings for AnchorNorm, and, if
needed, the Space Below setting for FitTitleNorm.

4. Now, when you insert an anchored frame in either of the two anchoring
paragraphs, specify in the Anchored Frame dialog an Anchoring Position of
Below Current Line, and an Alignment of Center. In both cases, the figure
title will be centered under the centered anchored frame, and the top of
the figure title text will be separated from the bottom of the anchored
frame by the amount specified in the Space Below settings for tags
AnchorNorm and AnchorSH.

DW Emory <danemory@globalcrossing.net>