Re: Branching and merging FM filesets, how to?

Hedley,

I think you covered all the possibilities there. Unfortunately.

I've moved to structured Frame for most of my work, but left the
legacy materials unstructured (except in one case where the source
disappeared). Over a couple of years, the legacy stuff got left
behind & now constitutes less than 5% of my workload. That might
be one approach to consider.

Or what about saving to MIF for your source control? You would
probably have to run a filter over it to get rid of non-essentials
like <Unique 12345> before checking it in (thus keeping spurious
differences to a minimum), but that's a fairly simple step and
wouldn't cause any problems when reloading (just don't delete
anything that Frame can't put back by itself).

--
Larry Kollar, Senior Technical Writer, ARRIS
"Content creators are the engine that drives