Re: Futura fonts

Christy was kind enough to email me a copy of the PDF file that
exhibited problems.

What I found was that the Futura fonts were in font Bitstream versions
of Futura. But that wasn't the problem!

The PDF files were created under Windows NT 4 and some other fonts
used as captions and footers ended up embedded as Type 3 bitmaps.
I could not determine the real source of those fonts, but in general
we really cannot recommend use of Windows NT 4 for production purposes
given its Type 1 font and PostScript-brain-dead characteristics which
result in very oddball situations like this occurring for apparently
no good reason, often quite randomly.

        - Dov