context rules: using context labels in the EDD itself

hi all

I'm afraid I know the (negative) answer already, but maybe some-one
knows a solution.

I have the following structure:

proc

|--stepgroup
|   |
|   |--figure figwidth="page"
|   |  |
|   |  |--graphic
|   |
|   |-- step
|   |   |
|   |   |--para
|   |
|   |-- step
|   |   |
|   |   |--para
|   |
   etc
   etc

When the graphic has to span the complete width of the page, the author
provides the value "page" to the attribute figwidth.
In that case the graphic spans column and sidehead.
The <para>'s in the <step>s then have to span "across all columns and
sideheads" also.
I can set this for the first <step> after the <figure> using the sibling
rule

	If context is: stepgroup
		If context is: {after figure[figwidth="page"]}

but this affects only the first of the steps, and I need to span all
<step>s within <stepgroup> ...

I tried to nest the sibling rule like

	If context is: stepgroup
		If context is: {after figure[figwidth="page"]}
		ElseIf context is: {after step {after
figure[figwidth="page"]}}

but FM does not understand this.

Then I came up with context labels:

	If context is: stepgroup
		If context is: {after figure[figwidth="page"]}
		Context label: pagewidth-step
		ElseIf context is: {after step(pagewidth-step)}

I used the syntax as is used in RH-variables and xref-formats in the
template.
But to no avail...

Did I use the correct syntax, or is this what I want not possible with
the given structure, context labels and context rules in the EDD?
If so, then I will have to specify a attribute at <proc> or <stepgroup>;
but a work-around would be better...

Any thoughts?

groet
Theun Fleer
Tedopres

PS: Thomas, I tried to send you a mail (twice) to let you know that I'll
be happy to comment on your XML-cookbook-document.
But my mail bounced... if you still want my remarks, you still can send
me a copy.