RE: Conferences in costly locations--thoughts?

Hello all,

You can fly into West Palm Beach or Fort Lauderdale on most airlines. Even
Southwest serves PBI. The taxi fare from the PBI airport is about $25. It's
a pre-set fare from the airport.

I'm very sorry that I will not be able to attend this conference as it is
just down the street from my mother's apartment and I could've stayed with
her.
There is a motel, north on A-1-A, about a five-minute walk from the Carlton:
Palm Beach Ocean Front Inn
3550 S. Ocean Blvd.
Palm Beach, Florida United States 33480
866-601-9330

They've changed the name & management recently and jacked up the prices (I
stayed there in February with my family.)
I don't know what their prices are like for the off-season, in October.

Let me recommend a great breakfast place - the Dunes - just on the beach
behind the parking lot across the street from Ritz-Carlton, going north.
They also serve lunch and dinner, but I think their breakfast is best. You
certainly won't need any lunch if you have breakfast there!

If you walk on the beach going south from the hotel, you'l see some of the
fantastic homes of Manalapan. Walking on the beach is really pleasant early
in the morning. I guess most of the turtles will have hatched, so you won't
see many little yellow flags marking the nests.

You can fly into West Palm Beach or Fort Lauderdale. The taxi fare from the
PBI airport is about $25-$30.

The Ritz-Carlton is fairly isolated. There's a tiny, useless shopping center
across the street. If the theater season has started, you might check out
the Florida Stage Theater there. And there's an ice-cream parlor. Or you can
take a longer walk, cross the bridge into Lantana - still not much to do.

The real night-life is in downtown West Palm Beach on Clematis St. And
there's City Place, the new shopping center.

Have a good time!
Ellen Lebelle