Re: Conferences in costly locations--thoughts?

That is not necessarily true. The Ritz-Carlton sits out on this sandbar all
by itself from what I can tell. I have spoken with the Palm Beach Tourism
folks and they say that there are no other hotel facilities within walking
distance.  A cab ride to the closest one may fail to offset the savings on
the room. I opted to share a room with two other people at a Fairfield
hotel several miles away. One of my roommates was able to convince her
company to rent a car for her, so we have transport.

When my airfare, meals, registration, post-conference workshop fees, hotel,
car rental, and sundries are added up, the conference will end up costing
me over $3500. That doesn't even take into consideration the amount of
billable hours I lose while attending the conference. But I have been
planning to attend this conference for two years. I know it will be worth it.

Carol