Unresolved XREF error, but no "real" unresolved XREFs

Hello everybody,

Maybe I'm not searching correctly, but I'm not seeing this issue in the
archives:

I've conditionalized certain sections of my chapter files in a book, with
very careful attention paid to make sure both XREF source and target are
conditionalized as pairs. However, when I generate/update, I get an
unresolved cross-reference error in my Book Error Log. The problem is that
when I search for the unresolved cross-reference, FM can't find it.
Similarly, I don't get the standard "This file contains broken
cross-references" error message when I open the allegedly offending file.

Rather strange.

Any thoughts?

Andrew Becraft
Technical Writer
Highwire, Inc.
T: 206-973-4274
E: andrew.becraft@highwire.com

      The sender believes that this E-mail and any attachments were free of
any virus, worm, Trojan horse, and/or malicious code when sent.  This
message and its attachments could have been infected during transmission. By
reading the message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full
responsibility for taking protective and remedial action about viruses and
other defects. The sender's business entity is not liable for any loss or
damage arising in any way from this message or its attachments.