Re: How to get figure counter to reset by itself

> I've read the
> help on how to reset counters e.g. in going from
> chapter 2 to 3, the figures are numbered Figure 2.11
> followed by Figure 3.1.  For example, my paragraph
> numbering format is
>
> 	"F:Figure <$chapnum>.<n+>. "
>
> Contrary to what one might expect, n does not
> reset to zero when chapnum changes.  Instead,
> figures are successively numbered 2.11 followed by
> 3.12.

Hi, all,

I'm retracting the above posting.  The problem is
easily solved by breaking chapters into files in
a book, and designating that paragraph numbering
restart in each file.

Unfortunately, CiteMaker can only compile cited
references from a single file, not a whole book.
But that's a different problem.  :(

Fred
--
Fred Ma, fma@doe.carleton.ca
Carleton University, Dept. of Electronics