Re: Visual artifact in displaying regular text

Sheila Carlisle wrote:
> Another tweak on Windows is to adjust the maker.ini setting for MonitorSize.
>
> And while you're in the maker.ini, be sure you have this setting ON:
>
> DisplayUsingPrinterMetrics=On

Hi, Peter and Sheila,

Setting MonitorSize seems to avoid the problem on the
laptop.  (DisplayUsingPrinterMetrics was already on.)
I will see if it also does so on the desktop (I am not
at the location of the desktop right now).

Without setting MonitorSize, toggling the fixedness of
line spacing doesn't seem to avoid the problem.  If the
problem persists on the desktop despite specifying
MonitorSize, I'll try driving the same external monitor
from the laptop as a troubleshooting step.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Fred

P.S.  Sent to adobe.framemaker, comp.text.frame, and
framers.omsys.
--
Fred Ma, fma@doe.carleton.ca
Carleton University, Dept. of Electronics