RE: Distiller Default Paper Size

I think you can create an A5 for the Distiller by modifying the PPD file. On win2K it's located at C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\ADIST5.PPD.

Find the sections that list page sizes, which are in points (72pt/in.). Copy and paste the A4 entry then modify it for an A5. But note that page sizes appear in four places within the PPD and you have to modify them all.

To set A5 as default, right-click the Distiller printer and choose Printing Preferences. In the dialog, click the Advanced button. A5 should now be in the list of page sizes.

Jim Stauffer
Sr. Technical Writer
BeamReachNetworks
Sunnyvale, CA