Slowdown in loading file over network drive

Hello,

I've got a 2.75MB doc file in a book, on a solaris
account.  If I open it using FM running on solaris,
it takes a second or two.  If I copy it to a PC
account and load it with FM running on PC, it takes
a second or two.  If I map the solaris directory
to a PC drive as a network drive, and copy it from
solaris to PC, it takes a second or two.

However, if I run FM on PC and load it from solaris
over the network drive, it takes several minutes.
Is there anything I can do with FM configurations
to avoid this?

Thanks.

Fred

P.S.  I've sent this to comp.text.frame,
framers@omsys.com, and adobe.framemaker.
--
Fred Ma, fma@doe.carleton.ca
Carleton University, Dept. of Electronics