Re: extra line spacing with conditional text

At 02:25 PM 6/6/03 -0700, David Alt wrote:

>I ran into a behavior yesterday that I found strange.  I'm using FrameMaker6+SGML on Windows2000.
>
>I use conditional text for certain names in my document, and I see extra space above and below lines that contain conditional text.  I've tried a few obvious things like reapplying the paragraph style to the paragraph, but the only thing I've found that makes the extra space go away is deleting the conditional text (which isn't a good solution, in my opinion.)

David,
  Is the problem extra line spacing or extra paragraph spacing? As
Becky Swanson suggested if it's extra line spacing, you might try
using fixed spacing.
  If it's extra space between paragraphs, you might turn on element
boundaries and text symbols and make sure that any condition tag applied
to an entire paragraph is also applied to the end-of-paragraph symbol.
	--Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in FrameMaker+SGML consulting and training
lprice@txstruct.com
http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505
cell phone: (510) 421-2284