Re: Archive of recent freeframers threads?

On Thu, 05 Jun 2003 04:48:05 -0400, Fred Ma
<fma@doe.carleton.ca> wrote:

>Are the recent freeframers threads archived anywhere?

Apparently not.  We had thought that the Uni of Potsdam
was doing that, at:
  http://www.pik-potsdam.de/waisdata/framers/welcome.html
But we just checked, and they seem to have stopped adding
to their archive in early 2001.  Oops.

We do have all the messages archived ourselves, but never
put up searchable Web access facilities for them.  Looks
like we need to do that, probably on the freeframers.org
site we run.  We tried to move the list to that site a
year ago, and ran into some serious technical issues with
the hosting (which insisted we run broken list software).
But we may be able to do a proper job with an archive...
preferably one based on php and MySQL.  If anyone here
has experience with such a system, and a little time to
volunteer, please get in touch... ;-)

-- Jeremy H. Griffith, Free Framers list admin
   <jeremy@omsys.com>
** To subscribe to Free Framers, email the message **
** body "subscribe framers" to majordomo@omsys.com **