Re: FM7 & AI .eps files

Preview header in color is obviously better if your artwork
is in color.

The compatibility level is the PostScript language level I
cited below.

CMYK? If your artwork is RGB color and you want to convert it,
yes, this makes sense. If not, ignore.

Where did you see "dithering problems" ... in FrameMaker's
display of the EPS file or in the printed output? Remember
that (1) what you see in FrameMaker is a low resolution preview
header and (2) unless you print to a PostScript printer (or
create PDF implicitly or explicitly via the Distiller), all
that will "print" will be that low resolution preview header.

If in fact you are printing to PostScript and what you
are getting is a large "screening" of the output, you need
to check the artwork in Illustrator and make sure you aren't
setting screening information for the illustration.

        - Dov

*