Re: Acrobat 6 Professional

> For our company's customer documentation, I currently produce the original
> work in FM6 before generating PDFs for digital/offset printing and screen
> viewing. I enable hyperlinking and bookmarking within the same document
and
> want more clarity in my screen captures, photos, and drawings than was
> provided by v5.05.

Disclaimer: I haven't seen Acrobat 6 or checked what's new in it.
Despite this, I would be very surprised if there has been any changes
to the internal distilling features or capabilities when it comes to
"clarity" in graphics. You are probably referring to resolution and/or
smoothness of images in the resulting PDF, either on-screen or in
printed output. Those properties are handled by the Distiller job
options, which has to be set properly for your intended output.
It can also matter what formats your original images are in FM, and
what resolution (DPI) you imported them with (for bitmap images).

Not knowing more about your files, your PDF creation process, and
what knowledge you have about image formats/resolution/compression,
it's hard to give specific advice. However, I feel that most problems
concerning "clarity" of images in PDF can be resolved by using proper
distiller settings and an understanding of the limitations and
characteristics of image resolution and compression. The online
Acrobat help does provide a pretyy good explanation of this.

To put it another way: what problems do you have today, exactly?
What image formats do you use, what import resolution, what distiller
settings, and how do you create your PDF from FM?