Re: Transparency and graphics

How to deal with transparency in EPS depends on the source.

If from a Vector app (e.g. Illustrator), nothing special - just import
and set the background color of the image to "None". By default
imported images have a background color of "White".

If from a raster app (e.g. PhotoShop), you need to create a clipping
path around the image. You may need to tinker with the EPS options when
saving to get the transparency to play nicely. I use a "Macintosh
8-bit" preview & get perfect results, but this may not suit your
situation. Basically, FM does not display the transparency when
creating a TIFF-based preview, but if you print the file the
transparency is there.

If you need help with creating a clipping path, let me know.

HTH!

Wil.