From: Becky Swanson [mailto:becky@benchmarkpubs.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 10:07 AM
To: framers@omsys.com
Subject: Transparency and graphics

Hi All,

I have a student who had a .gif graphic of a signature. When she imports the
file into PowerPoint, the signature background is transparent. However, when
she
imports it into FrameMaker, the signature background is white. She needs it
be transparent in FM. She's on FM6/Windows.

I had some problems loosing transparency on graphics that I cut and pasted,
but
when I imported the files, the transparency remained. My files were .tif. So
I'm
not sure what to tell her. She's already made sure she imported the graphic,
rather than cut and pasted it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Becky