XREFs break when sorting a table (known issue)

Hi all,

I know this is a longstanding known issue, but I'm wondering if anybody has
any suggestions for a workaround, tool, or process that fixes the problem
quickly:

When I create cross-references from one table cell to another, and then sort
the table entries, the cross-references break. This is particularly
problematic when creating a glossary, since the glossary may include
frequent See and See also XREFs.

I'm aware of the technical reasons behind this problem, and that this topic
has appeared on the list several times in the last few years (as recently as
earlier this month). Is there any new information out there that might not
be covered by past posts? Any new workarounds or utilities? I remember that
Hedley Finger suggested using Enhance from Sandybrook Software. What has
your experience been with this tool?

I'm using FrameMaker 7.0p578 on Windows XP SP1. I don't currently have
access to any other platforms (according to a post from 2001, this issue was
fixed for Mac OS and UNIX versions as of FM 6.0).

Many thanks!

Andrew Becraft
Technical Writer
Highwire, Inc.
E: andrew.becraft@highwire.com

      The sender believes that this E-mail and any attachments were free of
any virus, worm, Trojan horse, and/or malicious code when sent.  This
message and its attachments could have been infected during transmission. By
reading the message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full
responsibility for taking protective and remedial action about viruses and
other defects. The sender's business entity is not liable for any loss or
damage arising in any way from this message or its attachments.