Re: printing problem

Walter,

Please direct your questions to the lists such that everyone can
benefit from your experience and the solutions that can be offered.

The fact that you can create a PDF file from your FrameMaker document
and all content is visible in Acrobat or Acrobat Reader indicates that
there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with FrameMaker, Acrobat, or the drivers.

What IS true is that most printers (and I include lasers, inkjets,
and crayonjets) have an "imageable area" that is less than the full
paper size. In the case of the Hewlett-Packard LaserJet 4si and 4siMX,
that imageable area is approximately .2" or so in from all edges of
the paper. In other words, you pretty much have an enforced quarter
inch white margin with that printer model.

You have the following alternatives:

(1) Re-layout your document to avoid the non-printable areas enforced
by your particular laser printer model.

(2) Choose a different printing device which has a larger imageable
area (note that relatively few laser printers have less than a .15"
non-printable margin).

(3) Print from Acrobat or Acrobat Reader using the "fit to page"
option which depending upon the content of each page, FORCES all content
to scale down to fit within the page's imageable area.

        - Dov