Re: OT: PC Processor Speed Recommend

Ivan,

If you really think that you can run that much on a 300mhz system
with 256MB memory with Windows 2000 or XP and you believe Microsoft's
"minimum system requirements", I have a bridge to sell 50% of, at least
three times over ...

If you are buying a new system and are on a tight budget, almost any
Pentium 4-based system with 512MB of memory would do fine for the
burden you envision. Disk size obviously depends on your data needs;
anything less than 40GB would probably not be that viable.

If you forced into a "used" purchase, you could probably just get away
with a 500MHZ Pentium III assuming you had the 512MB of memory. But given
the price of new bare-bones, Pentium 4-based systems these days, I don't
think any Pentium III solution would be worth the time and effort now.

        - Dov