Re: Font metrics message

> This is somewhat out-of-date, but seems comprehensive enough:
>         http://w1.184.telia.com/~u18407300/fonts/unavailable.html

I haven't updated the page yet for FM7, but I honestly don't know
if there are any changes concerning this issue since FM6.

I must admit I've never quite understood the "font metrics" message,
paricularly not on UNIX, where changing printers doesn't have any
effect on the fonts made available to FM (at least not before FM7).

I'd love to include information about it on my web page, but so
far I haven't seen any good explanations for it. Does FM really
compare font metrics information between fonts with the same name?
Since this happens also on UNIX systems, it's not the change of
printer drivers that triggers the alert.