Re: Printing 2400DPI PDF on tabloid paper

Thierry,

I'll answer the last question first. No, I know of no web page that
describes this problem, although a few years back I definitely recall
discussing this problem HERE!

I don't recall exactly where the bad code is, but somewhere "overflow"
of 32K is occurring. Perhaps Windows'9x/Me GDI is interpreting the
16 bit value as "unsigned" which would allow up to 64K before having
a problem as opposed to "signed" which blows at 32K. Push the resolution
setting to 4800 and you would be back with the same problem under
Windows'9x/Me. Ultimately, the problem is associated with how FrameMaker
communicates coordinates to Windows GDI. Newer applications "know better"
than to use device resolution dependent coordinates. Older applications,
and FrameMaker is NOT the only application with this anomaly, as well as
older versions of Windows which provided device resolution dependent
coordinate interface lived in a world of 300 and 600 dpi and smaller
paper sizes. 20-20 hindsight is always SO good!

        - Dov