Re: Printing 2400DPI PDF on tabloid paper

Thierry,

This is a very well known problem. At a certain combination of high resolution
settings and paper size, the symptoms occur. Basically, if the coordinates of
a graphic object on a page in absolute device pixels exceeds 32K, problems
occur.

The workaround is to print via PDF, creating a PDF using a driver setting
no more than 600 dpi. This will not have a noticeable effect on your PDF or
the resultant output when printing from Acrobat. (Images are NOT downsampled
or interpolated in FrameMaker to match the print driver resolution!)
Unfortunately, major coding changes to the print system would be necessary to
fix this problem which has unfortunately been in the Windows version of
FrameMaker from the beginning.

        - Dov