ANN: IndexRef for FrameMaker

Have you ever created a PDF from FrameMaker with cross reference index
entries like this?

     rocks. See stones

Have you noticed what happens when you open the PDF in Acrobat or
Acrobat Reader and click the index entry? Instead of jumping to the
cross reference location in the index, you are sent off into the
document itself and you have to find your way back to the index.

This is a by-product of the way FrameMaker creates its indexes. Every
entry in the index links to the marker defining the entry. For normal
index entries, this is ideal. For cross reference entries created with
the <$nopage> building block, though, it doesn't work properly.

IndexRef is a FrameMaker API client (plugin) that fixes this shortcoming.

IndexRef finds cross reference entries in an index, determines where the
destination link should be, and rewrites the hyperlink so clicking it
will jump to the appropriate place in the index.

Visit http://www.sundorne.com/IndexRef/indexref.htm for details, and
download a free evaluation version.

IndexRef is the first in a series of utilities that I am planning for
FrameMaker. They are easy to install, easy to use, and easy to adapt to
diverse situations. I hope to announce some others soon.

--
Ian Hawkins
Sundorne Communications: