Re: FM under Solaris x86?

> Does anybody have experience running or attempting to run FM under x86
> Solaris?  The Adobe site seems to be quiet on the subject, which I
> consider improvident in light of their decision to ignore the Linux
> platform.

If Adobe offers a Solaris-x86 version of Frame, you should be good
to go. The "normal" Solaris binary is for the SPARC CPU, which
won't run on x86.

If there is no Solaris-x86 version, then you could run the Windows
version under either Solaris-x86 or Linux using a compatibility
environment. You can do the same thing with a PPC Linux, by using
Mac-on-Linux to set up a MacOS 9 environment & run Frame there --
same principle, different architecture. (I've done that & it worked
fine.)

Those of us running Frame on OSX are doing essentially the same
thing running Frame in Classic; it's just that Classic is a bit
better integrated with the native OS than most compatibility boxes.

--
Larry Kollar, Senior Technical Writer, ARRIS
"Content creators are the engine that drives