Re: Problem with Graphic Display in PDF

There are really no settings for PDF file creation in Distiller
that would make any real difference vis-a-vis text display
ASSUMING that what you talking about is REALLY TEXT!

What do you mean by Futura being a "nonstandard font"?
What is not standard about Futura?

And what do you mean by a "shading of objects"?

It almost sounds like you are combining text and images in
Photoshop or the like. In that case, Distiller job options would
certainly make a difference.

Another possibility of text problems would be if you are using
some dumb driver settings such as converting TrueType to bitmaps
or unhinted outlines instead of "native TrueType" support (which
could happen easily if you create PostScript via the "generic
PostScript" or other driver instances other than one that uses
the Acrobat Distiller PPD.

Provide more specific info and maybe we can be of more assistance.

        - Dov