Backup Registry

A few weeks ago I experienced a major computer failure that resulted in having to install a new operating system. But among the futile efforts to fix the old system was an attempted to import a registry backup file. To my surprise a warning popped up that said I was tinkering with registered programs so the import was denied. Our IT guy said he'd not seen this before. It was an NT 4.0 system.

I can't help but suspect Adobe being the source of this peculiarity. I know they're very strong on protecting license rights. I have FM, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Photoshop. Has anyone else seen this or know anything about it?. I'm not too happy about having my registry backups being nullified in this manner.

Jim Stauffer
Sr. Technical Writer
BeamReachNetworks
Sunnyvale, CA
www.BeamReachNetworks.com

P.S. My company is looking for a person to develop training material for a new product. We're located in Silicon Valley and produce wireless broadband access equipment. Contact me if you're interested, or if you know someone who might be.