Re: Structured Questions

At 03:39 PM 4/1/03 -0500, Mitchell, Sue wrote:

>1)In the Developer Guide manual it says that, for a graphic, if the dpi is
>not specified a default value of 72 is used. Question: Is there a way to
>force it to use a default value of 96 instead?

Sue,
  Use a r/w rule such as
      element "x"
      {
         is fm graphic element;
         fm property dpi value is "96";
      }

>2)Can one drop an attribute but still retain the value assigned to it? If I
>have a graphic element in the XML file with an attribute called 'tip' and I
>want to extract it's value (using a Structured Application dll) but not have
>it be an attribute of the graphic element in Frame, how do I do that?
>Basically I want to take the value of the 'tip' attribute and make an
>ImageAltText marker out of it (which I can do easily) and then drop the tip
>attribute. I will recreate that 'tip' attribute again from the text of the
>ImageAltText marker when exporting to xml.

  I gather you are using an FDK client to convert the attribute value to a marker?
Do not use a drop rule. Instead let the client remove the attribute after it's
used the value.

	--Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in FrameMaker+SGML consulting and training
lprice@txstruct.com
http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505
cell phone: (510) 421-2284