RE: Distiller problem

You COULD create such a second instance as a convenience. In fact,
I do that on my systems, but it isn't necessary.

I never heard of a circumstance of "the normal Distiller, with its
port set to PDF Port, didn't produce reliable PostScript when forcing
it with the Print to File command." The PostScript is the same, regardless
of which port you send it to as long as the other settings don't change.

Again, most common cause for this problem is lack of "FILE:" port itself.

        - Dov