Poor Graphics in Acrobat 5.05

A current project will be delivered as an online PDF designed for viewing
onscreen. The source text file was created in FM6 on Win2K. PDF is generated
using Acrobat Distiller v5.052001101100.

I've been disappointed in the quality of the screen captures of Windows-type
dialog boxes. I've been capturing most of the dialogs on a 1024x768 screen
using Paint Shop Pro 6's Screen Capture utility. Following capture and save
to PNG, the Information dialog box says that their resolution is 96 pixels
per cm.

However, after opening them again, the Information dialog box says that
their resolution is 37 pixels per cm. Why is this happening?

The images are from sharp in the PDF. During distilling, I turned off
Downsampling and use ZIP 8-bit compression.

How can I improve the graphics quality in my online PDFs?

Thanks very much,
David

David Schor
Technical Publications Manager