F7 Install error (Mac OS 9.2.2)?

Has anybody encountered this before? I couldn't find a document on
the Adobe knowledge base.

THE SHORT VERSION

The Frame 7 installer thinks there isn't enough free space on a
nearly empty hard drive (Mac G4, OS 9.2.2), and can't seem to be
convinced otherwise.

THE LONGER VERSION

To bring in the New Year (right!), I decided to wipe my hard disk and
reinstall everything, moving up in the process from OS 9.1 to 9.2.2.

All the reinstallations went fine EXCEPT Frame 7 -- it claimed there
wasn't enough free space on the hard disk. (Gigabytes and gigabytes
and gigabytes there were. None of the Design collection -- InD 2,
Photoshop 7, Illustrator 10 -- subsequently showed such scruples
about free space.)

I rebooted (several times), rebuilt the desktop, even zapped the
PRAM, but nothing made any difference.

The odd thing is, I not only had successfully installed F7 previously
on 9.1, but just two days ago did it without a hitch on my powerbook
with 9.2.2.

Victor Caston
UC Davis