Re: Cannot successfully distill a .ps file into a .pd file

Tammy,

You obviously must be relatively new to this list.

PostScript is NOT a device-independent language. When you create
PostScript using the PostScript driver instance of the LaserJet 8100,
you are creating PostScript for that device, a monochrome laser printer.
You should be printing to the Acrobat Distiller printer driver instance.
Unless you are creating PDF for a book, there is no reason to explicitly
create a PostScript file. Simply print to the Acrobat Distiller printer
instance and it will funnel the PostScript directly to the Distiller for
you, prompting you for where you want to place the resultant PDF file
and what you want to name it. If creating a PDF file from a book under
FrameMaker 6, you can create a PostScript file for distillation with
this printer driver instance, simply use the "print to file" option
in the FrameMaker print dialog.

        - Dov